|On play, drain 4 strength from a random surrounding poisoned unit.|
|Faction||Tribes of Shadowfen|
Amberhides is one of the cards in Stormbound: Kingdom Wars.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Amberhides is a common toad unit that drains a large amount of strength from a nearby poisoned unit. The strength of Amberhides and the strength it drains can be increased by leveling it up. Amberhides can work in control and poison decks.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Amberhides can deal with strong units very effectively, but only if you can poison it.
- Non-damaging poison effects are better to use with Amberhides, like those from Copperskin Ranger and Venomfall Spire, because damaging effects decrease the amount of strength Amberhides is able to steal.
- The strength Amberhides drains makes it great at controlling or destroying enemies.
- Amberhides is able to clear out high strength enemies despite its low cost and strength. For example, a level 1 Amberhides can destroy a 12 strength poisoned enemy completely.
- Note that Amberhides can drain strength from a friendly unit as well, which can either be good or bad. You can use it as a beefier Witches of the Wild in that case.
Levelling[edit | edit source]
|Ability||"…drain 4 strength…"||"…drain 5 strength…"||"…drain 6 strength…"||"…drain 7 strength…"||"…drain 8 strength…"|
Change History[edit | edit source]
- August 7, 2017: Set movement to 1, increased drain ability by 2
- August 30, 2017: Increased strength by 2, reduced ability by 1
- January 31, 2018: Can now also drain from a friendly poisoned unit
Notes[edit | edit source]
Like all Shadowfen non-legendary toads, Amberhides' name contains a reference to a color.