|On play, for each surrounding poisoned unit spawn a 1 strength Toad on 1 tile bordering it.|
|Faction||Tribes of Shadowfen|
Brood Sages is one of the cards in Stormbound: Kingdom Wars.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Brood Sages is an epic toad unit that spawns toads for every nearby poisoned enemy. The strength of Brood Sages and the number of toads it spawns can be increased when leveled up. Brood Sages can work in poison and swarm decks.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Brood Sages can spawn a lot of toads, but only if you have a lot of poisoned units, which can be hard to maintain.
- Note that Brood Sages will spawn its toads on tiles bordering the poisoned units, not around itself.
- Poisoning cards like Copperskin Ranger or Venomfall Spire can help activate Brood Sages' ability. At level 4 and above, these cards also poison 3 enemies at once.
- One good card to pair with Brood Sages is Toxic Sacrifice. Its area poison allows for Brood Sage's ablity to spawn lots of toads.
- The 1 strength toads are also great for Kindred's Grace to strengthen.
Levelling[edit | edit source]
|Ability||"…on 1 tile bordering it."||"…on 1 tile bordering it."||"…on 2 tiles bordering it."||"…on 2 tiles bordering it."||"…on 3 tiles bordering it."|
Change History[edit | edit source]
- August 7, 2017: Increased strength when leveled, decreased ability strength
- September 26, 2017: Decreased strength and ability at higher levels
- November 16, 2017: Increased mana, strength, and ability by 1
- April 22, 2018: Ability also works on friendly units
- July 9, 2018: Decreased mana to 2, decreased movement to 0, now spawns multiple 1-strength toads
- September 18, 2018: Increased strength by 1
- February 13, 2019: Decreased strength by 1
Notes[edit | edit source]
Like Azure Hatcher, both card arts contain white egg sacs that represent its ability to spawn 1 strength toads.