Embers of Chaos
|Embers of Chaos|
|When this dies bordering the enemy base, randomly spawn a 6 strength Dragon at the enemy base.|
Embers of Chaos is one of the cards in Stormbound: Kingdom Wars.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Embers of Chaos is an epic dragon unit that can spawn a high strength dragon on the enemy base if it dies near the enemy base. The strength of the spawned dragon can be increased by leveling it up. Embers of Chaos can fit into any deck as a win condition.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Embers of Chaos' ability makes it a force to be reckoned with if it can reach the enemy base.
- Sound Drivers can easily push Embers of Chaos near the enemy base in order to trigger its ability.
- Embers of Chaos is best put into the inner tiles of the board, as this may force your opponent to attack it first with their units; therefore, the dragon will be able to attack the enemy base your next turn.
- When playing against Embers of Chaos, it is important to note that its ability can spawn the dragon on the same tile it died on.
- Counters to this card include Flaming Stream (which pushes before the damage is dealt), Armed Schemers (which can pull Embers of Chaos away from your baseline), and any high-damage 2-movement attacker, which can attack the newly spawned unit with its second movement point, depending on spawn position. Additionally, effects that convert the unit (Blood Ministers, Clerics with Cords, and Curse of Strings) are effective, though leave the unit at the wrong end of the board to be useful. Embers of Chaos can also be frozen with cards such as Frosthexers, Midwinter Chaos, and Moment's Peace in order to delay the on-death effect. Embers of Chaos and the token it spawns can both be killed in a single turn using Twilight Prowlers, but this relies heavily on the spawn location of the token. Often the best counter is to ignore it for the first turn it is present, to take the 1 damage, then to deal with the spawned unit next turn.
Levelling[edit | edit source]
|Ability||…spawn a 6 strength Dragon…||…spawn a 7 strength Dragon…||…spawn a 8 strength Dragon…||…spawn a 10 strength Dragon…||…spawn a 12 strength Dragon…|
Change History[edit | edit source]
- December 17, 2018: Added to the game
- September 25, 2019: Increased ability by 1
Notes[edit | edit source]
All Ironclad Union dragons have similar ears and have an element of fire in their art.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Its name is a reference to Emkaem, a member of Paladin Studios and streamer of Stormbound.