|When played bordering a friendly structure or base, gain 3 strength.|
Hearthguards is one of the cards in Stormbound: Kingdom Wars.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Hearthguards is an epic dwarf unit that gains strength if it is played next to a structure. The initial strength of Hearthguards and the amount of strength it gains can be increased by leveling it up. Hearthguards works well in structure decks.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Without structures in your deck, Hearthguards can be just a costlier version of Bluesail Raiders.
- Cheap structures like Fort of Ebonrock can be combined with Hearthguards to create a 9 mana, 6 strength combo. It's comparable to Olf the Hammer, but missing an important ability.
- Hearthguards is good at protecting important structures with its ability by gaining strength and having 2 movement.
- You can also play Hearthguards to set up a strong front with its combination of 2 movement and high strength.
- If there are a lot of units near your base, playing Hearthguards can take care of it well.
Levelling[edit | edit source]
|Ability||"…gain 3 strength."||"…gain 4 strength."||"…gain 5 strength."||"…gain 6 strength."||"…gain 7 strength."|
Change History[edit | edit source]
- August 14, 2017: Increased strength by 1, reduced strength from ability
- September 18, 2017: Increased ability by 1
- October 11, 2017: Decreased ability by 1
- April 22, 2018: Also works when bordering your base
- July 9, 2018: Increased strength and ability at higher levels by 1
Notes[edit | edit source]
While Hearthguards' art contains the outline of The Hearth, it does not represent spawning a structure. The outline represents the structure that Hearthguards triggers its ability on.